The Carbon Tax Rebate (Climate Action Incentive) is a tax credit for all those who are living in provinces: Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, and Alberta. This tax rebate started back in April 2019 and was intended to offset "fuel charge" increases and lessen the impact on Canadians. These fuel charges are the cost of gasoline for vehicles as well as the cost of residential heating. Canadians have been affected by Climate Change from floods, drought, forest fires, and heat waves. The price on pollution is very costly to our communities and our Country. The Carbon Tax Rebate is here to help put money back into our pockets from rising fuel prices. See our article below on how you can take advantage of this tax rebate.
How much is the Carbon Tax Rebate?
The amount that you will receive will be based on the size of your family. If you have a family of 4, the tax rebate will be higher. In addition, when you claim the incentive, only one partner in your household can receive the tax benefit and the amount will be added to your tax return.
What is the average amount each household will receive?
- $444 for Alberta
- $256 for New Brunswick
- $300 for Ontario
- $336 for Manitoba
- $598 for Saskatchewan
Note: Only these provinces will be eligible for receiving the Climate Action Incentive. If you have lived in one of these provinces on Dec 31 of the tax year, you will be able to claim this tax rebate. In addition, Canadians who live in rural areas away from the cities will receive 10% more than a person living in a major city. The reason behind this is because Canadians who live in rural areas spend more energy on their travels.
How do I become eligible to receive the Carbon Tax Rebate?
You will need to be a resident of Canada throughout the year. Furthermore, you must have filed a tax return in order to receive the Climate Action Incentive. If you were incarcerated you will not be eligible for the tax rebate.
How do I claim the Carbon Tax Rebate on my tax return?
Once you have put in your eligible province on your tax return, the credit can be applied automatically to the return. In order to verify the amount was added, you are able to check on your tax summary page and look under line 45110. If you are looking for help in filing your tax return our Certified Accountants are able to help you file for only $25.
What is the family break down of the Carbon Tax Rebate per province?
- A family of 4 will receive $888
- $111 for each child if there are more than one that is with a single parent
- $222 for a single parent on their first child
- $444 for a single person or one of the adults in a couple
- A family of 4 will receive $809
- $101 for each child if there are more than one that is with a single parent
- $202 for a single parent on their first child
- $405 for a single person or one of the adults in a couple
- A family of 4 will receive $486
- $61 for each child if there are more than one that is with a single parent
- $121 for a single parent on their first child
- $243 for a single person or one of the adults in a couple
- A family of 4 will receive $448
- $56 for each child if there are more than one that is with a single parent
- $112 for a single parent on their first child
- $224 for a single person or one of the adults in a couple
- A family of 4 will receive $256
- $32 for each child if there are more than one that is with a single parent
- $64 for a single parent on their first child
- $128 for a single person or one of the adults in a couple
Please Note: If you do not live in Canada you will not be eligible to receive this rebate.
What if I have filed already and did not receive the benefit on my return?
If you have missed the Carbon Tax Benefit you will be able to make an adjustment on your tax return. You will be able to refile your return and or send in a T1 adjustment form from the CRA. Please see this link on how to refile and or send in a T1ADJ. If you are having trouble filing this form, contact Accufile and we can help you with anything that you need.
Accufile is here to help!
If you are needing help filing your tax returns, please do not hesitate to contact Accufile. Our Certified Accountants work around the clock to ensure your tax return is completed quickly and efficiently. Our personal tax returns are $25, Business Tax Returns are $75, and Corporate Tax Returns start at $200. Contact us today by chat below, email or by phone. We give you consistent results on your tax return and will strive to be the number 1 tax program online today. Our value is to offer you lots of information so that you can file your tax return as correctly as possible. Contact Accufile today so our staff can help you with what you need.